Gas prices have risen exceptionally recently and you will feel this directly in your wallet. Gas is more expensive than electricity and also pollutes the environment. This is the time to switch to sustainable living products, such as solar panels on roofs and home heating with infrared radiation. Infrared heating works on electricity and is also very economical in consumption. We explain why you now, with a high gas bill, should switch to electric heating with infrared.
Why heating your home without gas is better
Heating your home without gas is many times better. First, for the environment, and second, it lowers the high gas bill. By switching to electric heating with infrared radiation you can save up to 40% on heating costs or even more. Depending on how well your home is insulated, the location of your home and your own thermal comfort.
Gas stoves work on fossil fuels, which are bad for the environment. Therefore, it is better to heat your home with energy that is generated sustainably. According to the Climate Agreement, all homes and buildings must be off-gas by 2050. By that time, everyone will be free of the high gas bill. The first 1.5 million existing homes must be made sustainable by 2030. Do not wait too long and therefore switch now to heating homes without gas. And immediately reduce the high gas bill.
Causes of high gas bills
A high gas bill is primarily caused by the high gas prices. In addition, there are other causes of high gas bills. For example, because there are changes in your household. The family composition has expanded, a new housemate or a child. You work at home more often, so you have the gas heater on during the day, while this was not previously the case. Your lifestyle has changed, such as more frequent or longer showers, a renovation or you use several rooms in the house where the heater is on all day.
Another cause of a high gas bill could be the way you heat your home. For example, you switched to an underfloor heating system. Something went wrong with the installation or there are other issues at play. In the winter months, you regularly turned the heater up a degree, because you had a sick family member in the house. A high gas bill is no fun for anyone, but the way you heat your home can reduce the high gas bill.
The total solution is heating with infrared heating. Electric heating with infrared is a very good alternative for those who want to use no or less gas. We explain more about how you can use infrared heating as a sustainable heating home. And what the possibilities are for home heating with infrared panels.
House heating with infrared heating, how does it work?
Heating a house with infrared heating, how does that work? Where do you apply the heat panels and how? In our German neighbors, heating with infrared panels has been a well-known form of home heating for years. In Belgium and the Netherlands this way of heating is also increasingly discovered and people are switching to sustainable heating.
Heating a room with infrared radiation works differently from the traditional form which we call convection heating. Here the air in the room is heated, for example by radiators or underfloor heating. Everyone knows that heat rises first. Before the heat is down you are some time further. The warm air is then circulated in the room.
Heating with infrared works differently. These heaters work through radiant heat waves. It is not the air that is heated, but directly the objects in the radiation area. Imagine that you hang an infrared panel above the seating area. The infrared rays heat the sofa and you. As soon as the rays hit your skin, you feel a wonderful warmth flow through your body. And this feels very comfortable.
Reduce high gas bills with electric heating
In electric heating with infrared radiation, the energy is converted into pleasant radiant heat. No gas is used in this process. With infrared panels you heat your home, office or other space without gas and therefore sustainably.
Everyone knows that by 2050 we will all have to switch off the gas, as we agreed in the Climate Accord. New homes already have no gas connection and have to heat in a different way. That’s good because in this way you think about other possibilities.
Heating your home with infrared panels is a very good option. Infrared heating can be used as main or supplementary heating. In addition, you can use them in houses that are not structurally suitable for a heat pump or associated heat delivery system. Think of monumental buildings or buildings where there is no room or possibility to install underfloor heating.
There are also homes that cannot be properly insulated. In these houses, you can very well use an ir-heating, as well as a heat pump. These are actually the only two sustainable options for heating your home without gas. Thus you say goodbye to the high gas bill.
Infrared panels as main heating are an economical choice. To provide hot tap water, you can use a (heat pump) boiler. Radiant panels do consume comparatively a little more electricity than a heat pump when used as main heating. This difference is not as big as many people think. In addition, you can overcome this for part of the year by installing an extra solar panel. Furthermore, you have with our heating panels no maintenance costs, the installation is easy and the consumption is very economical.
Features infrared heaters:
– Even heating of the room.
– No air circulation, so dust particles sink, the air is clean.
– The walls are warmer than the ambient air.
– No condensation of moisture on the walls.
– Comfort at low air temperatures.
– Little heat energy escapes when windows and doors are opened.
– No maintenance costs.
– Easy installation.
Say goodbye to high gas bills
With the electric ir heating from Warmteshop, you can say goodbye to the high gas bill. Moreover, you not only heat energy efficiently, but you also emit no CO2 by using green energy. Install solar panels on the roof, so you save even more money on the high gas bill.
We have a few more tips on how to get the most out of infrared heating.
– Turn the heater down one degree, which will save you about 6% on heating costs. – Infrared heating has a higher heat comfort, so you can turn the heater down about 2 to 3 degrees anyway. Calculate your profit with respect to the high gas bill.
– Extra economical heating with the digital thermostat: Unlike analog thermostats, the heaters can be controlled with digital intelligent thermostats and cell phone apps. With the digital thermostat, you save a lot of money on your energy bill, because it is not turned on unnecessarily. Are you going away for a while, going to sleep, using only one room, or almost coming home? Set your digital thermostat in advance or use the App on your smartphone. You will immediately reduce your high gas bill.
– Targeted heating: only heat the room where the heat is needed. The advantage of ir-heat is that the panels are at full strength within 5 to 12 minutes. So there is hardly any warm-up time required. This saves you many euros on the high gas bill.
– Place the heating panels on a free wall or ceiling so they can radiate freely. Let the expert from Warmteshop advise where the panels will look best.
– Have the power of the heaters properly calculated. So that you actually save a lot on consumption and reduce the high gas bill. Too high power is a waste, too low power means that the heater is constantly on. Let a specialist from Warmteshop calculate the correct power for different rooms. From a living room to bathroom heating.
– As a final tip, we give that a well-insulated house of course also saves on the high gas bill. Double windows, insulation in the walls, replace outdated window frames, and place draught strips.
Have your consumption calculated by Warmteshop
Infrared heating in an energy-efficient and cost-effective way, the consumption must be properly and professionally calculated in advance. This way you know which heaters and the power are needed to heat your home pleasantly and sustainably. Make an appointment at Warmteshop. We come to you for free to make a heat calculation.
We give you advice on how to save energy with an infrared heater in your home or office. Can’t wait? Buy our infrared panels in the online shop. In our blogs, you can also find more information on various topics about preventing high gas bills. We answer the question of why are infrared panels energy efficient and how the patio heater design provides extra heat.